Hip Flexion Test
The objective of this test is to monitor the development of the athlete’s hip flexors (the muscles that lift your knees). physiotherapy sports MCQs
🔰How to conduct the test
The test is conducted as follows:
⧭ The athlete lies on their back
⧭ The athlete lifts the left knee and using their hands pulls the left knee to their chest
⧭ Normal flexibility is indicated when their right leg remains flat on the floor
⧭ Hip flexors are considered tight if, as they attempt to lift their left knee toward their chest, their right leg leaves the floor
⧭ Repeat with your other leg
Analysis of the result is by comparing it with the results of previous tests. It is expected that, with appropriate training between each test, the analysis would indicate an improvement.
This test is suitable for active athletes but not for individuals where the test would be contraindicated.
Reliability would depend upon how strict the test is conducted and the individual’s level of motivation to perform the test.
There are no published tables to relate results to potential performance in
- Electrotherapy diagnostics online multiple choice questions and answers-5
- Musculoskeletal online multiple choice questions and answers-5
- Electrotherapy diagnostics online multiple choice questions and answers-4
- Musculoskeletal system quiz questions and answers-4
- Physiotherapy Musculoskeletal MCQs Ques & Ans -3